We highly recommend that you experience our island Barbados while you stay with us. Our island offers a wide diversity of activities and services to meet the varying desires of our owners and guests. The list is endless but includes five star restaurants & spas, World class Golf courses, breathtaking hikes, beautiful botanical gardens, shopping, and of course Cricket to mention just a few! In addition to the array of activities, majestic views and beautiful beaches our owners and guests consistently tell us that one of the things they love most about our island is our friendly people. These things combined have made Barbados the premier luxury destination in the Caribbean. Our island attracts the highest percentage of repeat visitors in the region and year after year we find that many of our guests make Barbados their second home. The island's West Coast where we are located showcases some of the most attractive and exclusive properties in the world with beachfront homes like ours being the most sought after addresses .
Our Concierge team are specialists on all our island has to offer and will be delighted to make suggestions and to book activities and excursions for you while you are here. We pride ourselves in consistently seeking out all that is new and exciting on the island so that even our long term owners can discover new adventures when they come back to their home away from home at Saint Peter's Bay.
Here are a few other interesting facts about our little island in the sun which contribute to the island's continued popularity:
- Barbados offers first class telecommunications, good infrastructure and excellent air and sea links to major markets
- The island has a stable government, strong economy, well developed health, legal and tax systems, and low crime rates. Independent since 1966, the island boasts one of the oldest parliament systems in the Western hemisphere.
- There are no restrictions or penalties to the purchase and sale of real estate by foreign investors and the island is considered generally secure for foreign direct investment Barbados boasts a very favorable climate year round with little history of natural disasters.
- The island's exchange rate is pegged to the US dollar, which is considered a symbol of stability in the economy and a sign of the credibility of the domestic policy makers
- The island continues to gain global recognition and rankings:
The United Nations Development Programme ranked Barbados the No. 1 most developed of all developing countries in the world with one of the highest standards of living and literacy rates in the developing world.
- Barbados consistently ranks as the top most livable country in Latin American and the Caribbean and in the top 50 out of 187 countries as one of the most livable countries in the world in the Human Development Index rankings. The HDI measures the average achievements in a country in three basic dimensions of human development: a long and healthy life as measured by life expectancy and birth; knowledge as measured by the adult literacy rate and combined educational enrolment ratio; Standard of Living as measured by gross domestic product per capita at purchasing power parity in the USD
- The Financial Times ranked Barbados among the Top 10 most attractive countries for foreign direct investment in the Caribbean and Central America in 2011.
- Accordingly to Foreign Direct Investment's Intelligence Division, Barbados ranked 4th overall on the list of Caribbean and Central American Countries of the Future 2011/2012 and 5th for Best Foreign Direct Investment Strategy
We invite you to explore Barbados while you are here with us and discover what it is that enchants you about our little island.