Last Updated: July 19, 2023
1. Data We Collect:
Personal Data: We may collect personal data such as your name, email address, payment card information, phone number, and mailing address when you make a reservation, subscribe to our newsletter, or contact us through our website.
Log Files and Analytics: Like many websites, we gather certain data automatically and store it in log files. This data may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring/exit pages, and other usage details. We may also use analytics tools to track and analyse website usage and performance.
2. Use of Data:
- Personalisation: We may use your personal data to personalise your experience on our website, provide tailored services, and communicate with you about your reservations or inquiries.
- Reservations: We may use your personal data to process your reservation request and payment, contact you about your reservation, to make requested changes to your reservation or user account, or process transactions with partners, including conducting strong customer authentication when required by law.
- Communication: We may use your contact information to send you important updates, newsletters, promotional offers, and other communications related to our resort. You can opt-out of marketing communications at any time.
- Website Improvement: We analyse usage data to improve our website, enhance user experience, and optimise our services.
3. Data Sharing and Disclosure:
Service Providers: We may share your data with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website, processing transactions, or delivering services to you. These providers have access to your data solely for the purpose of performing their services and are bound by confidentiality agreements. SPB SRL will ensure that adequate/standard data protection clauses are in force in any relevant legal contracts and agreements to ensure that personal data is treated by third parties and other affiliates in a way that is consistent with and which respects all applicable local laws on data protection in accordance with section 23 and 24 of the Data Protection Act, 2019 of the laws of Barbados (the “DPA”).
Legal Requirements: We may disclose your data when required by law, legal processes, or government requests. We may also disclose data to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others.
Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our resort, your data may be transferred as part of the transaction. We will notify you of any such change in ownership or control.
4. Data Security:
We employ reasonable security measures to protect your data from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, please note that no data transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
If you create an account on our website, it is your responsibility to keep your login credentials confidential and secure.
5. Third-Party Links:
Our website may contain links to third-party websites or services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties before providing any personal data.
6. Children’s Privacy:
Our website is not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected personal data from a child, we will promptly delete it from our records.
8. Contact Us:
Data Protection Policy
We value your privacy and strive to provide you with full control over your personal data. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, promotions, or newsletters from us, you have the right to unsubscribe at any time.
If you have provided us with your email address and have opted in to receive marketing communications, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in the footer of our emails. Simply click on the “Unsubscribe” or “Manage Preferences” link and you will be directed to a page where you can update your communication preferences. You may also contact our customer support team at stpetersbaybarbados.com/contact and request to be unsubscribed from our email list.
If you receive marketing communications from us through channels other than email (e.g., SMS, direct mail), you can unsubscribe by contacting our customer support team at [email address or phone number] and requesting to be removed from the respective marketing channels.
Data Privacy rights statement
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a description of the personal data we hold about you.
- Obtain from us, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data; where the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of its use instead; where we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but the personal data is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or where you have objected to processing likely to cause damage or distress pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of SPB SRL overrides your grounds.
- Receive the personal data concerning you. You will also have the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from us to another data controller, where technically feasible and under certain circumstances.
- Require that we, after providing a written notice, at the end of a 21 day period cease, or not to begin, processing, or processing for a specified purpose or in a specified manner, any personal data in respect of which you are the data subject, on the ground that the processing of the data or our processing for that purpose or in that manner is causing or is likely to cause substantial damage or distress to you or another; and the damage or distress is or would be unwarranted.
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Session Cookies: These cookies are temporary and are stored on your device only during your browsing session. They are deleted when you close your browser and do not collect personal data.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies are stored on your device for a longer period or until you manually delete them. They help us recognise you when you return to our Website and remember your preferences and settings.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of our Website. They enable you to navigate the site, access secure areas, and use essential features.
- Analytical Cookies: We use analytical cookies to collect data about how visitors use our Website. This helps us understand user behaviour, improve our services, and enhance the overall user experience.
- Marketing Cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across different websites. We may use them to display personalised advertisements and promotions that are relevant to your interests.